Friday, March 13, 2009

Dream-Girl

I looked at her from a distance. There was a mob around her. It looked like everyone was waiting to see her as soon as she came out. She looked amazingly beautiful and the instant I saw her I knew she was mine. It looked like the so-called “God” pulled her to be with me. I looked around to check if my wife was watching. She was nowhere to be seen. Ha!! What a relief!!!!

“How do I close in on her? Will she accept me? How do I plunge in through the mob and capture her attention?” All these thoughts ran through my mind in a flash. She looked as though she was loved by everyone. Everybody wanted to surround her. Possessiveness could have crept in within me, but it did not – I didn’t know why. Was it because I was confident enough that she will love me the most? I didn’t know. And I never bothered. I just loved her at first sight. What a heavenly feeling it was!!!!

My wife was still nowhere to be seen. I took few steps forward to get close to the dream girl – she looked gorgeous with minimal attire. Someone took her to a different room and I quietly followed. I wasn’t allowed inside the room and I preferred to peek in through the window waiting for her to get back. I dreamt of the life I’ll be living with her. I felt chilled. Was this the happiest moment of my life? I didn’t know. It was one of the days that filled a lot of emotion within me. Almost immediately, I called up my best buddy to tell him about what I saw and how I felt. He too felt happy for me and I was thrilled. All the while I was thinking of her and I suddenly wanted to meet my wife. What do I tell her? How will she react? Where was she? I went in search for her. Where do I start? Was I right carrying this emotion? Will my wife feel cheated? She’s been my love so far, been through my ups and downs, happiness and worries, crests and troughs. We’ve spent several years’ together right from our college days. How much struggle it’d taken for us to get ourselves married to each other. And now what’s gonna happen? Is everything gonna get spoilt?

I didn’t bother about the past as I kept searching for my wife. She’s been my best friend so far and I never wanted to resist sharing this with her. I saw her finally resting alone. She definitely deserved some rest then. I went across to her looking into her eyes. My heart missed a beat….. I held her hands and slightly caressed her forehead. We kept looking though each other’s eyes and they communicated our thoughts. I smiled gently. We understood what our eyes said to each other – “it is a baby girl”!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Chance eh illa..!!!!! super ah irundhudhu.. indha madhiri ellam eppidi na ungalukku thonudhu... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb man.. When did you start writing so well... Honestly.. I guessed it the moment i read the title dont know why I din't even guess it could be about Maggi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u have done a commendable job.. do start ur good work for WCC

    Un sevai wccku thevai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alovely comment on graduating from a husband to a Father. Definitely brought back nostalgic memories of 24.02.087.

    But those days we did not have blog spaces to share our feelings.

    Good keep it up. Your flow of words is like a garland. God help you to create many more such pieces to culminate in a book.
    Ramesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really nice to read such a blog.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb... Its really nice to read. Nice blog.:)

    ReplyDelete