Monday, November 16, 2009

Bang in Bangalore - Day 2

Day 2 started earlier than a usual holiday – I started waking myself up starting from 5:30 to 6:00 when I had to convince myself that it was already too late to get up for a function that starts at 7:00. Although the initial plan to attend the function was around 11:30, I was called in to be available as early as 7:00. Function???? What function???? Where did the function suddenly come in during a holiday???? Ye….. The primary purpose of my Bangalore visit was to attend the first birthday of my cousin sister’s darling daughter - Kavya.

The supposedly family visit had turned out to be an individual visit, thanks to health situations at home.
Karthik was too generous in accompanying me to the place – we struggled a little bit in finding out the house. He left me and his car there and walked off to watch a movie. As I entered the house, it was already 8 am. I sat along with everyone till the priest finished off the rituals after which we were all ready for breakfast. I hoped there was no “Tomato Omelet” this time!!!! We were served delicious Idly, Vada and Kesari. That might sound so suprising – the fact that "‘Idly’ being tasty" coming out from my mouth. I never liked Idlies and it’s only been in recent times I started eating it. After wrapping it up with a glassful of coffee, we sat down to rest for sometime (as if we’ve been working non-stop for 48 hours inside NASA) and this was the time I got to play with the little one. After Ria’s entry to our family, I learnt how to enjoy playing with little kids and I demonstrated the same in this case too. She was dressed up in beautiful violet “Pattu Paavaadai” and it was so pleasing to watch her reactions to the environment. Soon it was time for us to get ready for the birthday party and I helped my part for decorating the party hall that was situated close by. Although not many people turned up, it was a nice gathering and a decent environment and of course the food was way beyond satisfactory if not brilliant. I got to meet up with couple of my relatives who were more than happy to see me there representing the family.

Now, where was Karthik? I was sure the movie would have got over – no movie in India runs for more than 3 hours nowadays. He was almost nearing the place where I was and I quickly met up with him after leaving my cousin & family back home and collecting a bag of “function-snacks”, I drove back to pick up Karthik and we decided to go straight back home. On the way back we changed our mind and drove into "Vishweshwara Museum". Although it was not as interesting as it would be for a school-boy, it was a good way to while away some time in the afternoon. We visited all floors unambitiously and finally left the place with some road-side snack in hand. I drove all along the way back and finally reached home around 5 pm. I didn’t have an intention to wander after that, given the fact that I had to go to work the next day. I watched “Harry Potter” along with the left-over DBC, browsed for sometime and we headed off to buy dinner. Although I wasn’t really hungry I chose to taste chicken and felt satiated. With the “next day office” mindset, I sank myself into the bed with 2 thick bed sheets wrapping me to safeguard my chill-prone skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment